How do I find a missing course?
Sometimes a course does not appear as expected in the My Course area. Here are a few things to check to find a missing course.
If the course is for an upcoming semester or term, an Instructor will not see the course in TCU Online until the Instructor is officially listed by the Registrar as the instructor for the course. You can check to see if you are listed as the official instructor on Class Search. If you were just added to the course, it may take up to 24 hours for the system to enroll you.
- If the course does not show up on the My Courses area when you first log into TCU Online, try scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting View All Courses.
- On the page that opens up, you'll see a search box for you to search by your course's official name. Type in the name and then select the magnifying glass icon to the right to search.
- You can also use the dropdown Filter button on the right-hand side of search to filter by Semester, Department, or Role.
Learn how to pin commonly used courses for easier access.
How do I enroll another person into my course? (ex: TA)
Courses offered with the Registrar are automatically enrolled with the assigned faculty and enrolled students and auditors. New add/drops are processed every 24 hours.
If you are listed as a Professor in a course, you can request to have additional users manually enrolled in your course (e.g., additional Faculty, TAs, Guest Lecturers, etc.).
To go the TCU Online My Home page, which is the page you land on when you first log into TCU Online.
Click on the Instructor Resources dropdown and choose Request to Enroll Additional Users.
Submit the form to have additional users manually added to your course. As this is a manual enrollment, you will receive a confirmation email after we have completed your request.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students who are enrolled in a course officially with the registrar MUST remain as a Student in the course. They cannot be promoted to have any authoring or grading rights in the course.
How do I activate my course so students can see it?
How do I set up my course's gradebook?
How do I copy one course's content to another course?
How do I email my students?
How do I get help with password issues?
All TCU users will login with their TCU network login credentials (The same you use for my.TCU). Any issues with passwords should be directed to TCU’s IT department. Start first by going to http://password.tcu.edu. If you need additional assistance, call 817-257-5855.
I am enrolled in a course in My.TCU, but I cannot see or access the course in TCU Online.
How do I find or access my missing course?
There are four common reasons you may not be able to see or access your course:
- It Is Before the Course Officially Starts: Students are unable to see courses prior to the first day of the semester. If your instructor has activated the course, access will begin at 12:01 AM on the first day of the semester.
You Just Registered for the Course in My.TCU: Enrollments into TCU Online are not instantaneous; add/drops from the Register (my.TCU) into TCU Online are handled a few times a day. It could take up to 24 hours for you to be added to the course.
The Instructor Hasn't Activated the Course: Your instructor must activate the course for students to be able to access it when classes officially start. Begin by asking your instructor if the course will use TCU Online.
The Instructor Isn't Using TCU Online: It’s also possible that your instructor is not using TCU Online for the course. Begin by asking your instructor if the course will use TCU Online.
If you have checked all the above and still do not have access, please report this to the TCU Online Support Form.
How do I set up notifications about grades or what's due?
Get the latest updates for your courses by enabling notifications. The Notifications Tool can send updates via text or email when new announcements are posted, grades are available (including the score), as well as reminder texts for upcoming assignments and quizzes if the instructor has set up due dates in TCU Online.
Learn how to set up your notifications.
How do I see my grades, class progress, and course schedule?
There are a few different ways for you to keep track of how you are doing in a course.
- Grades: To view the grades your instructor has entered for you in a course, go to the class you would like to check and select the dropdown Assessment, then Grades.
- Class Progress: To view the grades your instructor has entered for you, as well as additional details about your engagement in the course, go to the class you would like to check and select the dropdown Assessment, then Class Progress. For some classes you can see your Current Grade, Maximum Grade, and Minimum Grade, if your instructor has allowed this feature.
- Course Schedule: If your instructor set up Due Dates in your TCU Online course, you will be able to view upcoming due dates for assignments, quizzes, and discussions but selecting Content, then Course Schedule.